Summary: Performs duties associated with the transfer of liquid asphalt into or from storage
tanks, trailers, barge, and rail cars. This is accomplished via the following essential duties and
- Follow operational and safety procedures, policies, and rules for the Facility
- Spotting of railcars for loading and shipment
- Operation of rail car mover (Trackmobile)
- Pre-loading and post inspection of railcars
- Opening and securing manways and belly caps
- Monitoring transfer of product during loading
- Collect samples as required
- Serve as Terminal Dock-person during barge offloading as required
- Perform and assist on equipment maintenance including, but not limited to, pumps,
valves, tools, Trackmobile
- Facility and equipment housekeeping as required
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, it has been found that possessing and having
the ability to demonstrate appropriate mechanical aptitude is essential. Candidates with
previous construction and/or industrial plant experience are preferred. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, simple instructions, memos, etc. Ability to
write simple correspondence.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment, exposed to all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in a rotating 12-hour night shift environment 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week, 365 days a year.
- Ability to constantly use bending, kneeling, twisting, squatting, climbing up/down stairs,
and walking motions on uneven surfaces
- Ability to lift, pull, carry, push weights and forces up to 50lbs
- Must meet criteria for the use of respiratory protective equipment